Prairie Lake Kalamojakka
Source of recipe: Developed from several family recipes in Northern Minnesota. This recipe has been an entry in the St. Urho's Day Mojakka Cook-Off in Cloquet, MN. It was also featured in a cooking segment on KDLH-TV in Duluth.
- 1 lbs White firm fleshed fish cubed
- 2.5 lbs Potatoes
- 1 Small Onion
- Pinch of dill weed
- 2-3 C. milk
- 5 Peppercorns
- 5 Allspice berries
- Bay leaf
Submitted by: Steve Pedley, Duluth, MN
- Peel and dice potatoes and onion.
- Place in stock pot/soup kettle with water to barely cover.
- Make sachet of peppercorns, allspice and bay leaf and add to pot.
- Add salt and dill weed.
- Heat to a boil and simmer until potatoes are just tender.
- Add fish and simmer till fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Add milk heat, but do not boil.
- Serve with hearty bread or hard tack.
[ Home ]
[ Submit a recipe ]
[ Recipes ]
[ Finnish Dining ]
[ Mojakka Memories ]
[ News ]
[ Calendar ]
[ Links ]